Summer Happenings Day Program 2021
Welcome our Summer Happenings Full-Day Program 8:30-3:30
Registration will open on March 1st.
The Summer Happenings Program consists of four 2-week sessions with the option to sign-up for a week, a session, or the entire summer! . Our program is offered to children in kindergarten through sixth grade; however they are separated into groups by their grade for age-appropriate activities. The groups rotate to various stations throughout the day to participate in a variety of activities with access to air-conditioned classrooms, a gymnasium, and outdoor spaces surrounding the Community Center.
Annual Summer Happening's Membership Fee of $30.00 and a $75.oo per session/per participant is payable in full at time of registration.
Please read all Summer Happenings 2021 Information
We hope that your child/children’s stay with us is enjoyable and rewarding.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY: We will be adhering to our zero-tolerance policy due to the current health concerns of COVID-19. Any child that is not following the sanitation and behavior guidelines will result in removal from this program. It is extremely important that all children understand that their hands belong to themselves! If you do not feel that your child(ren) will be successful in complying with the above safety measures, for their safety and the safety of all others please consider an alternate program to avoid losing the session deposit or session fee. Membership fees are non-refundable
• DRIVE THROUGH DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
• Drop-off 8:30-8:45 AM
• Pick-Up 3:15-3:30 PM
• Enter through the library entrance and drive around the back of the community center building and come back around to the front of the building towards the bandstand. Summer Happenings staff will be there to check your child in.
• Please do not allow your child to exit the vehicle until a Summer Happenings staff has check your child in
• If you will have multiple family members or friends dismissing your child, please remind them to roll down their window and be ready to present their photo ID. No child will be released if a valid photo ID is not presented by an authorized dismissal person.
• LATE DROP-OFF After 8:45 AM-Parents must bring child(ren) to the venter door entrance only. Recreation will have the side office door open for late check-ins.
• EARLY PICK-UP Before 3:00 PM-Parents must enter through the center doors only. Recreation staff will radio to have your child(ren) brought out to you.
FINANCIAL & REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
1. On-line registrations will open March 1st and continue until program is full (www.pembrokerec.com).
2. There is an annual non-refundable membership fee per participants. Registering for the membership only does NOT guarantee placement you must also register for the weeks or session to secure placement. A security deposit is required for each week or session
3. A sibling discount ($70.00) is offer only when both children attend the full session and it will be applied at checkout.
4. On-line registrations accept Visa, MasterCard, & Discover. Registrations processed in the office can be paid with card, cash, check, or money order.
5. An automated e-mail will serve as confirmation when registrations or payments are processed.
6. If you withdraw from the program four weeks prior to the start a refund will be issued less the deposit. However, if you withdraw after the session has full, you are not eligible for a refund UNLESS your spot can be filled prior to the start of the session. If the spot is filled your refund will be processed less the original deposit (cancellation/processing fee).
7. Late fees will be automatically charged if activity fee is not paid by its due date; weekly will incur a $15.00, Sessions will incur a $25.00 late fee and the Extended Day program will incur a $10.00 late fee.
1. Temperatures will be checked for all staff and recorded
2. Parents will be expected to monitor their child(ren) daily. Pre-screening checks including temperature below 100.4 or if your child is experiencing any of the following-please keep him or her home (COVID-symptoms: has had any of the following: fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, gastrointestinal symptoms, abdominal pain, headaches, muscle aches, unexplained rash, fatigue, loss of taste or smell)
3. Each child will need to bring “face coverings”. Our plan is spending as much time outdoors and minimalizing the use of the face covering. However, face covering will be “required” whenever we cannot maintain social distancing (6’ apart).
4. Children will be in groups no larger than 10 plus a staff member for the entire week of camp. This year groups will not be permitted to combine.
5. Storage Cubbies will only be shared by siblings.
6. Recreation will provide each child with bag containing crayons, markers, pencils, pencil sharpener, scissors, glue stick and drawing paper.
7. Each group will also have “Team” sport bag with balls, jump ropes etc.
8. Water Bottles- Send a refillable water bottle labeled with your child’s first and last name.
9. Lunch- NO heat up permitted this year
10. Snack- ALL snack must come from home-we are a peanut free facility!
11. Hand sanitizer will be provided to every staff member, along with in each classroom.
12. Staff with be assigned to individual groups for a two-week session
13. All our staff and counselors are CPR & First Aid certified.
WHAT YOUR CHILD SHOULD BRING DAILY
Clearly LABEL all your child/children’s belongings with their full name
• Bathing suit
• Sun shirt or an extra shirt for water activities
• Sunscreen (applied in the morning)
• Sneakers or sandals with straps
• Change of clothes
• Non-perishable bag lunch (additional snack & drink if attending extended day)
• Refillable water bottle
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Our purpose is to provide an inexpensive, age –appropriate opportunity for all youth to experience indoor and outdoor activities, both passive and active with their peers, all while creating great memories and new friends.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
• Peanut or tree nut products
• Cellphones, I-pods, Kindles, or other electronics
Above are several items that cause distractions and limit interaction.
Any participant that needs to contact a parent or guardian may use the office phone.
Note: If a participant is observed with any of the items above he or she can expect the staff to take the item; it will be held in the office until pick-up time.
The Community Center and our play areas are being improved yearly. Please impress upon your child/children that he/she must treat all of our facilities with care and RESPECT. Our summer program is allowed to use the Community Center only as long as we take care of it.
Additional Forms and Files: